PUBLIC SAFETY SALES SPECIALIST
Equature is an industry-leading software and hardware company built to serve public safety. We offer a
comprehensive lineup of NG911 recording solutions, body-worn cameras, automated audio
transcription, video redaction, live video, location streaming, and situational awareness analytics. Our
state-of-the-art intelligent deep learning analytics provide mission-critical reliability and the lowest total
cost of ownership in the industry. We’ve re-engineered our hardware and software into a plug-and-play
platform that delivers enhanced analytics and enterprise-level management all wrapped in powerful,
intuitive applications. Our goal at Equature is simple: to provide a proactive solution with innovative
technology to serve public safety.
The Public Safety Sales Specialist’s duties include account management, product quotes, lead
generation, pipeline development, product presentations, and execution of business plan strategy.
Focus on direct sales in focused verticals (Law Enforcement agencies, Healthcare facilities, K12, Higher
Ed). Products range from Body Worn Cameras, Audio and Video redaction, automated transcription,
and video analytics enterprise applications. Work directly with the end-user to provide a unified safety
The Public Safety Sales Specialist is a fully remote position that focused on developing sales
opportunities through website inquiries, past leads, purchased leads, and targeted lists by cold calling,
warm calling, e-mail, attending networking events, social media, and monitoring scheduled
appointments and opportunities as they evolve. The successful candidate is comfortable reaching out,
creating a conversation, and performing the initial qualification of assigned targets.
PUBLIC SAFETY SALES SPECIALIST’S RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
· Demonstrating effective customer-oriented sales skills, exceptional relationship building,
qualifying skills, group presentation, and closing skills
· Managing the sales cycle from the initial contact through to the close of the sale
· Developing a pipeline of qualified leads through assigned leads and tracking opportunities
through the CRM.
· Demonstrating competence in qualifying, presenting and demonstrating the product offerings
· Continuing to improve sales skills by investing in ongoing professional development including all
relevant sales training
· Representing the organization in a positive and professional manner
· Ensuring all prospects/customers become references
· Maintaining accurate and timely data in our internal customer database
· Staying current on all products and industry trends
· Providing Management Reports as required.
· High degree of multitasking and prioritization of tasks will be required
· Ability to reason quickly and act swiftly is a requirement
· This position requires minimal travel, but some travel for regional and national trade shows is
expected; a valid driver’s license is required
18311 W. Ten Mile Road Southfield, MI 48075
Telephone: 866.377.2677 Fax: 248.569.6567
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Sales experience is required, and some customer service experience is preferred.
· The Regional Sales Manager will be customer-facing and need to have clear and concise verbal +
written (email) skills as well as WebEx presentations.
· An overall understanding of business processes and sales processes is required.
· Effective relationship builder: the ability to develop trusting relationships with prospects,
customers, team members, management, and industry influencers
· Demonstrated the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently, as well as in small teams; team-oriented
· Ability to meet with prospects and clients before and after normal work hours if required
· Ability to develop a robust sales pipeline
· Ability to collaborate between functional teams.
· Ability to prioritize, meet strict deadlines and act with a sense of urgency
· Must exhibit a high level of willingness to contribute to business success and growth
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel; PowerPoint and Outlook required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent time management skills
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· Min. 100+ outbound calls per month
· Host 10 or more WebEx per month
· Min. 20% Year over Year new end-user business growth.
· Min. 10% of sales contribution from new partner business
· Maintain a 2X yearly sales pipeline to quota
· Meet monthly sales quota
· Ability to forecast monthly revenue goals
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
– BA or BS; Experience with Law Enforcement and Military preferred
– A Minimum of 2 to 3 years of Tech Sales experience and law enforcement and military
– Experience with NetSuite and HubSpot CRM
– Applicants with public safety, military and veteran backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply